BPL (Bangladesh Premier League)On the following page, we’ll walk you through everything you need to know about BPL and especially betting on BPL. We have collected a summary of all the main Bangladesh Premier League teams and had our betting experts create an in-depth betting guide. The goal is to provide you with the skills and knowledge needed to bet on BPL.
Bangladesh Premier League – A Brief IntroductionThe Bangladesh Premier League (BPL) was founded in 2011 and the first season was played the following year in 2012. Since then, there has been a total of 7 seasons with the latest one (2019-2020) ending in January 2020. Note that there was no BPL season in 2014. There are a total of 7 franchises that participate in the league and during the last seasons, all the games have been played on three stadiums in Bangladesh – Chittagong, Dhaka, and Sylhet. Since the 2019-2020 season, the Bangladesh Cricket Board has been the official arranger of the BPL to avoid biased sponsorships.
BPL TeamsAs mentioned, 7 teams have participated in most of the BPL seasons and due to the small size of Bangladesh and the lack of Twenty20 teams, this is unlikely to change. Below is a summary of the BPL teams, their wins, and their overall status in the league. Please note that the names of certain teams have changed during the history of the tournament.
- Chattogram Challengers is one of the original teams in BPL and they have participated in every season, although they’ve never won and the team’s best performance is runner up in the 2013 season.
- Cumilla Warriors are based in Comilla and has played in the BPL since 2015. The team has managed to be crowned champions twice in that time making them one of the best teams in the league.
- Dhaka Platoon (formerly known as Dhaka Gladiators and Dhaka Dynamites) is one of the original BPL teams and the team that has won the most titles with a total of three – 2012, 2013, and 2016. They’ve also played another two finals ending up as the runner ups.
- Khulna Tigers are based in Khulan and are also one of the original BPL teams. However, due to a suspension because of spot-fixing issues they did not participate in the third BPL season. The Khulna Tigers has yet to win a BPL title.
- Rajshahi Royals are based in Rajshahi and they are the current BPL champions after defeating the Khulna Tigers in the 2019-2020 finals. The team has participated in six of the seven BPL seasons.
- Rangpur Rangers are based in Rangpur City and have played in BPL since the 2013 season. In 2017, they defeated the Dhaka Dynamites and won their first, and so far only, BPL title.
- Sylhet Thunder is one of the original BPL teams and they’re based in Sylhet. So far, the team has not won a single championship and they’ve only made it to the playoffs once in 2013.
- Barisal Bulls is a former BPL team that was one of the original teams but that was dissolved in 2016. During that time period, the Barisal Bulls never won a championship, although, they did finish second in the first season.
BPL Betting Tips and PredictionsWith a better idea of how the Bangladesh Premier League works and the teams that participate, we thought we’d provide some insight into BPL predictions and how to best plan your betting. Moreover, we’ve also collected our top betting tips to help you prepare for the upcoming seasons. Keep in mind that these are only suggestions and that there is no way to be 100% sure of how a game or tournament will end. Therefore, it’s important that you never listen blindly to other tips and always make your own predictions.
BPL PredictionsLooking at all the BPL team’s previous performances, it’s obvious that one team is the overall favorite. With a total of three wins and five finals played, the Dhaka Platoon is, by far, the best team in the BPL. Based on that, we can always assume that the Dhaka Platoon will perform well in any season and chances are very high that they will get their fourth title in the years to come. With that said, the BPL is, generally speaking, an unpredictable sports event and you never know how the season will play out. Also, since all the teams have the option of buying new players up until just before the league starts, it can be difficult to predict the outcome until the first few games have been played.
The Best BPL Betting TipsIf you, like millions of other South Asians, are planning to bet on BPL, there are a few things to keep in mind. First and foremost, you should only bet on teams that you know well and understand. Therefore, it’s advisable to limit yourself to a few teams that you feel comfortable about and not spread yourself too thin. Furthermore, you must understand the different bets that you can make and when it’s the right time to place them. You see, by only betting on teams you know and using bets that you understand, you will increase your chances of placing winning bets and making a profit. At the same time, it can be a good idea to mix live bets with pre-game bets for more opportunities. Some of the most popular Twenty20 cricket betting tips are:
- League Winner
- Match Winner
- Best batsman
- Best bowler
- Match favorite (player)
- League favorite (player)
- Toss winner
- First 6 overruns
- Fall of 1st Wicket
- 1st Wicket Method
- 50 scored points in the match?
- 100 scored points in the match?
Where to Find BPL Betting InformationBesides knowing the basics of betting and understanding how to make the most of every opportunity, you should strive to stay on top of the latest BPL news and information. That includes expert betting advice, team changes, player acquisitions, etc. Following a few cricket news outlets is also recommended. Luckily, there is a plethora of different cricket resources readily available without cost online. And you shouldn’t have an issue finding a few that you like and that provide good and accurate BPL betting tips. In case you’re not sure where to start, we’ve listed three of the best cricket betting tips sites here.
- Cricketworld.com – this is the epitome of an international cricket website with information about all the biggest and smallest cricket leagues in the world, including Bangladesh Premier League. Here you can find the latest news and updates revolving BPL as well as predictions for upcoming games. If you don’t have a good cricket resource yet, this site is a great first start.
- Cricketbetting.net – similar to the site above, this is a website that covers all things cricket. However, instead of focusing on news and predictions, this resources are more aimed towards betting tips and information. If your aim is to learn more about how to bet on BPL, then this is a perfect resource.
- ESPNCRICINFO – this is one of the main international cricket websites operated by the sports giant ESPN. Latest updates, cricket news, PBL predictions, expert comments, and everything you need to bet on BPL under the same roof.
The Best BPL Cricket Betting SitesAt this point, you should feel ready to start betting on BPL. We’ve talked about the teams that participate in the league, we’ve provided tips on how to optimize your betting, and now it’s time to take a look at the best BPL betting sites. Today, most people place their bets online. It makes the process much smoother and it allows you to bet money on any game and sport you want, regardless of where you are. And, as you probably know, the goal with this website is to provide recommendations of the best gambling sites in India, including sites that offer to bet on Bangladesh Premier League. In other words, if you’re looking for a site to place BPL bets on, you’re in luck. We have already reviewed and evaluated all the top betting sites and created a shortlist of the sites you can use. That means you don’t have to spend countless hours searching through the web, testing sites, and looking for the best deals, since it’s already been summarized here. Also, our main objective is to suggest sites that are safe to use and we would never recommend a site that we wouldn’t use ourselves. That means that every site listed here are fully legal, regulated, and safe to use. Moreover, we’ve spent hundreds of hours creating detailed reviews about each site so that you can read more about what they offer and how they differ from each other.
The Best Apps for Online BPL BettingMost people that bet online in India and Bangladesh do so on a smartphone. The reason being that most people in the region don’t have access to laptops and desktop computers and rather use their smartphones instead. Luckily, there is an ever-growing selection of incredible BPL betting apps to choose from. Now, most of the best cricket betting apps are apps operated by the top betting sites (mentioned above), and there are only a few exceptions. So, in case you find a site you like in the list above, chances are high that they also have a great app that you can use. You can read more about these apps in the betting site reviews that we’ve created or just go straight to our app recommendations. In addition, if you don’t feel like downloading apps and clogging your smartphone, several betting sites have fully-functioning mobile versions of their software. To access these, all you have to do is visit the site from your mobile browser.
BPL Live Streaming SitesObviously, betting is not as exciting if you can’t watch the games you’re betting on. And since BPL is a rather small cricket league, the TV coverage of the games is limited compared to, for example, IPL or the Cricket World Cup. To combat this issue, many betting sites offer live streaming services where you can watch the games directly on your computer or your smartphone. Most of these services are free as long as you have an account and have deposited money, but some sites require you to bet money on the games you want to watch. Either way, it’s never been this easy to watch BPL games live and all you really need is a smartphone and a decent internet connection. To find a good site to stream BPL games from, we refer you to our recommendations or our reviews where we mention which sites offer streaming and which don’t.
How To Deposit Money to Bet on IPLBefore you can start betting on BPL using real money, you have to deposit money to your account. This is a very simple procedure and it looks exactly the same no matter which site you want to use. Keep in mind that you have to verify your identity before you start betting and this can take a few hours up to a couple of days. Therefore, you should register an account and verify your identity a few days before the game you want to bet on starts. This is how you do it.
- Find a site that you want to use
- Follow the links to register an account
- Provide all the necessary information (name, address, email, etc.)
- Follow the verification instructions. In most cases, all you have to do is submit a photocopy of your ID (passport or driver’s license)
- Wait for the site to verify you
- Pick a payment method and make your initial deposit
|1||10Cric Review||₹10,000 Bonus||20 Freespins||Visit|
|2||LeoVegas Review||₹80,000 Bonus||100 Freespins||Visit|
|3||Betway Review||₹2500 Bonus||0-20 Freespins||Visit|
|4||Royal Panda Review||₹10,000 Bonus||0-120 Freespins||Visit|
|5||ComeOn! Review||₹10,000 Bonus||0 Freespins||Visit|
18+ | T&C's Apply | Responsible Gambling is advised. Casino, Betting and all forms of gambling is an entertainment form that comes with a considerable risk of losing your money. Never play with more than you can afford to lose.
Responsible BettingOur last advice before we send you off to start betting on BPL is to be responsible. When betting with real money you always run the risk of losing the money you bet which is why you should never bet money you can’t afford to lose. Remember that betting is supposed to be a pastime and that you have to prioritize all the important expenses such as rent and food. There is also a risk that you get addicted to gambling and if you ever feel that you might be, you have to stop immediately. There are many ways to combat gambling addiction and there are several organizations in India and Bangladesh that can help you. You can read more about these risks and how to avoid them in our complete guide to Responsible Gambling. And with that said, all we can do is wish you good luck!