Best Cricket Betting Sites in India
Let’s start off with the million-dollar question – which are the best cricket betting sites in India?
- Betway: Without a doubt the best cricket betting site in India.
- 10Cric: Another great cricket betting specialized site.
- ComeOn: Internationally known for its awesome platform.
- Casumo: Playful design and very competitive odds.
- Royal Panda: Good choice with a local touch. s.
- LeoVegas: Reliable, safe, and well-known. Great all-around product.
|1||Betway||₹2,500 Bonus||0-20 Freespins||Play Now|
|2||10Cric Review||₹20,000 Bonus||0 Freespins||Play Now|
|3||ComeOn Review||₹10,000 Bonus||0 Freespins||Play Now|
|4||Casumo||₹100,000 Bonus||0 Freespins||Play Now|
|5||Royal Panda Review||₹100,000 Bonus||10 Freespins||Play Now|
18+ | T&C's Apply | Responsible Gambling is advised. Gambling is an entertainment form that comes with a considerable risk of losing your money. Never play with more than you can afford to lose.
Betway is, without doubt, the best online cricket betting site available to Indian players.
27.000 users on Trustpilot and Appstore has given it a great rating. Furthermore, our test and review show that Betway is a step ahead of its competitors.
All of the above online betting sites for cricket are legal to bet with and provide best-in-class products. They are also licensed to provide cricket betting and other online gambling services such as online casino and live casino. This means they are safe and live up to a very high standard.
The most common cricket betting related questions.
❓ how does cricket betting work
Put in the simplest of forms, “cricket betting” is where one bet on the outcome of a cricket match. Cricket betting is no different than betting on the football or on your favorite Kabaddi team.
Find out more about online cricket betting here
🤔 how to understand cricket betting rates
Explanation of betting rates (odds)
If you place a bet on cricket in India with betting rates set to 1.80. If you set your stake (bet) at 1,000 rupees and are blessed enough to win, you would receive 1,800 rupees.
This means that you get back your initial wager back of 1,000 rupees plus your 800 rupees winnings.
Odds vary from bookmaker to bookmaker so make sure you find the best odds to increase your winnings.
🥳 how to win in cricket betting
First of all betting and any form of online gambling is a fast way to lose money.
That being said, there are ways that a player can increase their chances of winning such as:
- Do your Research before betting
- Avoid betting on the draws in test matches
- Remember a win is a win no matter how small
- Keep a record of your bets
- Check the weather forecast for the test
- You will not win every time.
Check out our responsible gambling article to make sure your gambling habits are healthy.
🎰 How do you play cricket betting?
Want to learn how to place a cricket bet?
Cricket betting is very simple and you will be betting on your favorite team in no time.
- Read our reviews and pick your favorite cricket betting site
- Click the link and create an account at your chosen site.
- Verify your account by confirming your identity
- Deposit Rupees into your account
- You are ready to begin betting on cricket
⚖️ Is cricket betting legal in India?
Yes, online cricket betting is legal in India.
There are no rules against online cricket betting in India. All online gambling websites reviewed by the CBL team are 100% legal and all hold internationally recognized licenses.
To read more on the legality of cricket betting in India click here.
🎲 What are odds in cricket betting?
Cricket betting odds are simply put, the fractional odds set by the online bookmaker for the outcome of the chosen game.
The betting odds set the amount winnings of a bet based on the final outcome.
📱 Which app is best for cricket betting?
Best Cricket Betting Apps
India is App obsessed right now and we have reviewed the very best cricket betting apps for you right here.
- ComeOn: It offers a very smooth and fast betting app.
- 10Cric: Award-winning app that is worthy of top 5.
- Betway: One of the best things with Betway is their app.
Find out more about the best cricket betting apps here
💭 How can I bet on cricket in India?
How to bet on cricket
If you want to bet on cricket in India, the best way is to use online betting sites.
First, you must sign up, then verify your identity. Once your account is verified you can deposit your funds and begin betting on cricket.
Find out more about the basics of cricket betting here.
Cricket Betting Apps 📲
Many times using an app is a lot smoother and offers a way better experience than using a mobile-friendly website.
These are the 5 best cricket betting apps in India according to us:
- 10Cric: Award-winning app exclusively in India.
- Betway: One of the best things with Betway is their cricket betting app.
- ComeOn: It offers a very smooth and fast cricket betting app.
- 22Bet: Incredibly well-designed and easy to use.
- Bet365: Very good selection of games.
All apps are available on Google Play and the App Store. For in-depth information check out our reviews.
Almost all the betting sites that we recommend also provide betting apps for Indian players. Generally speaking, all the apps are available on Android and most of them can be downloaded to iOS (iPhone & iPads) as well. However, if you’re using a Windows phone, your options will be more limited.
In some cases, the bookmakers do not provide betting apps but still support mobile betting. That means that you can use the site on your smartphone by accessing it through the mobile browser.
We recommend that you find a bookmarker that has an app as it offers a better experience.
IPL Betting Online🌐
Great news: IPL 2020 is back on track and will go down in UAE and is scheduled to begin September 19. We are of course very excited as betting on the Indian premier league is very exciting.
Indian Premier Leauge schedule:
Bet on the Indian Premier Leauge
Online IPL Betting is no different from regular cricket betting. And here you can find out how it works.
You might want to keep an eye out for special offers during the IPL season. Typically you can get great sports betting bonus and if you go odds shopping you will surely maximize your returns as all brands offer different odds on the same matches.
What is IPL?
It’s the largest cricket event in India and all cricket betting sites will offer spectacular odds and bonuses as the competition for the players is fierce. Keep an eye out for the best offers and odds.
Let’s face it, cricket is so popular that it’s closer to a religion than just a sport in India. Naturally, betting on the IPL is popular since nothing is holier than the Indian Premier League.
It’s played yearly with a Twenty20 format and eight teams representing eight different cities in India. The tournament goes down between March and May.
IPL is also one of the top cricket leagues in the world and it’s an incredibly popular cricket tournament that a majority of Indians follow from the first game of the year until the finals. Many enjoy placing bets on the tournament.
How Does Cricket Betting Work ❔
This is how betting works, but in short, and simplified: You wager money on the outcome of a cricket match.
You can also typically wager on:
- League Winner
- Match Winner
- Best Batsman
- Best Bowler
- Match Favorite (player)
- League Favorite (player)
- Toss Winner
- First 6 overruns
- Fall of 1st Wicket
- 1st Wicket Method
- 50 scored points in the match
- 100 scored points in the match
In this day and age, cricket betting is available in many different forms and the most popular is online cricket betting where you use a sports betting site to place your bets.
The rise of online sports betting has created many new opportunities to bet on sports that didn’t exist in the past. The number of outcomes one can bet on is bigger than ever, and every bookmaker and betting site can set their own odds, which has created an incredibly competitive market.
Deposit and Withdrawal methods
The most common deposit and withdrawal methods:
- Bank transfer
In general, you can use bank transfer to deposit money into your account however you should avoid withdrawing as the Indian banks are not always accepting the withdrawals.
Betting with Indian rupees
Most of the brands listed here let you gamble with Indian rupees, but not all of them. If you want to make your deposit in Indian rupees we suggest you check out our review of the brand you are looking at. We compiled a shortlist with the best alternatives that let you play with Indian rupees below.
Best cricket betting sites with Indian rupees:
Make sure to check what deposit methods they allow to ensure they support the deposit method you wish to use. One of the most common and popular deposit methods for Indian rupees is Netbanking but there are tons of other deposit methods available as well.
Is Online Cricket Betting in India Legal?
Let’s address the elephant in the room. Is cricket betting legal in India?
Yes, online gambling, betting, and more specifically online cricket betting is legal in India.
Our legal team can not find any records of information about anyone who has been prosecuted or convicted for participating in online gambling activities. There is no government law that states that online gambling is illegal. Offshore companies are allowed to offer online gambling in India.
This is further supported when we contacted all the major online betting companies in the region as asked them about the legality of gambling in India.
The Basics: How to Bet on Cricket?
Traditionally cricket betting (like all sorts of betting) has only been done at games where bookmakers are collecting bets from people watching the game live. Later on, that system developed into bookmakers taking bets over the phone or at specific offices so that people could watch and bet on cricket even from home.
This can still be done, however, we highly recommend using an online cricket betting site since it’s safer and the conditions are way better.
You bet money on which team you think will win a game or a tournament. Online cricket betting introduces more elements such as betting on how many points that were going to be made. This is usually done using classic over/under bets where one places a bet based on whether that person thinks there is going to be more (over) or less (under) points than a certain number.
Today you can place many different kinds of bet depending on what brand you are using.
If cricket betting is new to you and you are just starting out we recommend pre-game/outcome betting since this is a very simple form of betting. The idea with pre-game betting or outcome betting is that you bet on an outcome in a certain game or tournament before it starts. Naturally, that also creates some limitations which are how and why live cricket betting was born.
Cricket Betting Tips & Strategy
Betting, unlike other forms of gambling such as casino games, is skill-based, meaning you can improve your chances of making a profit. In fact, betting is one of the few forms of gambling that you can actually become good enough to live off the profits you make.
To do so, you need to put in a lot of both time and dedication, but with the right mindset and a burning passion, nothing is stopping you from becoming an efficient cricket bettor.
Now, teaching someone to become good at betting is not easy and it requires you to have a real understanding of the sport your betting on. For example, if you know nothing about horse racing, chances are you’ll never be a good horse bettor.
With that said, we have a few tips that we want to share with you in an attempt to help you optimize your cricket betting strategy.
The Foundation of Betting Strategies:
- First and foremost, the foundation of any good betting strategy is to only bet on sports that you know very well. In other words, to succeed in cricket betting, you have to understand and love cricket. Since you’ve come to this guide and made it through the first parts of it, chances are high that you do love cricket and then you’re already on the right track. Moreover, it requires you to constantly stay up to date with the latest events and results, which is best done using the cricket news resources we mentioned above.
- Second, you should only bet on teams and players that you know a lot about. If you haven’t followed the cricket teams of West Indies or Australia, you shouldn’t bet on them either. Instead, stick with what you know and bet on the Indian National Team as well as the domestic teams that you follow and love. Also, if you prefer one type of cricket over the others, we suggest you stick with that format.
- Third, odds shopping is a concept you need to get familiar with. It’s all about finding value on the market. You see, since every bookmaker and betting site in the world can set their own odds for every event, your job is to find the best odds for your speculations. So if you bet online, it’s recommended that you sign up for several of the best cricket betting sites and then look for the best odds for each game and tournament before you get started. Now, this tip won’t change your chances of making correct predictions, but it can help boost your potential profit.
- Last but definitely not least, you must study the concept of betting before you get started. If you don’t know what different bets and odds mean, you’ll have no idea what you’re doing and you’ll just end up losing money. As mentioned, cricket betting is a skill and it takes time to learn.
Furthermore, all of the top cricket betting sites in India have a range of casino bonuses and promotions that you can take advantage of. Most sites offer a welcome bonus where you’re first deposit is matched which is a great way to get free money to bet with. It’s not uncommon to get a 100% deposit bonus, meaning if you deposit 10,000 INR, the site will give you another 10,000 INR for a total of 20,000 INR to bet with.
The best cricket sites tend to also have cricket-based promotions where you can get everything from free bets to cashback from betting on cricket games and tournaments.
Because of this, we advise you to study the different promotions offered to see if you can find a site that will award you for the type of gambling that you’re interested in. In fact, the right promotion can give you a great set of extra value and should not be taken lightly.
Live Cricket Betting (Games, Score, Betting)
Live betting on cricket or any other sport involves betting on outcomes in a game or tournament after it started. This helps increase the excitement of watching cricket since you’ll be able to find new elements and results to be excited about.
For example: live cricket betting can involve betting on who is going to win the ongoing inning, which player that will get the next run, when the next penalty will occur, etc.
Live betting is exciting regardless of which sport you’re betting on but since cricket games tend to be very long events, there are even more options of live betting on cricket than most other sports. Live betting and cricket really go hand in hand.
Another great thing that has come from live betting on cricket is that many of the best cricket betting sites have started offering live streaming of games. That means that you can sign up for a site and bet on the games you want to while also watching them live. Now, since many of the biggest cricket games are played internationally in England, Australia, and other places in Asia, it makes it easier for Indian fans to see games that are otherwise not available to them.
Using Cricket News to Your Advantage
A crucial part of cricket betting strategies – which we’ll talk more about in a second – is keeping up with the latest cricket news. This is the only way of keeping up to date with what’s going on in the sport, what teams are performing well, and which players are favourites in different tournaments.
Therefore, you must find ways to get the latest and most reliable cricket news possible, at any given time. Luckily, there is a plethora of great cricket news resources, both for international and domestic news.
Some of the most trusted ones are:
- CricBuzz.com – a site that only focuses on cricket news and that provides daily updates on the sport. It’s a fantastic cricket news resort that we recommend to everyone.
- News18 – a news television channel that provides both international and domestic news on the Indian market. A large part of their sports section is dedicated to cricket.
- Times of India – India’s main news broadcasting organisation has one of the most comprehensive coverages of cricket in the world. They share expert advice, insight, and information about upcoming games as well as everything else you need to stay up to date on the world of cricket the Bangladesh Premier League
The 10 Biggest Cricket Tournaments in the World
In case you are new to the world of cricket or looking for some new games and leagues to bet on, we’ve collected the 10 biggest and most popular tournaments below. Besides providing an idea of the tournaments themselves, it also offers a better insight into where cricket is played and how big the sport is on an international level.
1. ICC Cricket World Cup: The ICC Cricket World Cup is the most prestigious cricket tournament in the world. Similar to the Olympic Games and the World Cup in Football, the ICC Cricket World Cup is only played once every four years.
The tournament involves many games played between the top cricket nations in the world and it’s a dream for every player, team, and fun to see their team at the top of the podium. Naturally, betting on the ICC Cricket World Cup is also hugely popular and something people from all over the world partake in The next Cricket World Cup will be held in India in 2023.
2. ICC Champions Trophy: The ICC Champions Trophy, formerly known as the ICC Knockout Tournament, was a One Day International world cup played between 1998 and 2017. Even though it’s not officially played anymore, it will be remembered as one of the biggest and most exciting cricket tournaments ever.
The Championship used to be played every second year and was famous for attracting huge numbers of fans from all over the world that all came to see their favorite team and players fight to become the best in the world. Both Australia and India won 2 titles each, making them the most successful teams in the history of the tournament.
3. T20 World cup: The T20 World Cup, formerly known as the ICC World Twenty20, is the main international championship in Twenty20 International cricket. The first edition was played in 2007, making it one of the newer main cricket championships, but it’s already gained massive traction and grows a lot from year to year.
There is a total of 16 teams that partake in each tournament and the West Indies are the current champions The T20 World Cup is most often played every two years, although the next one is played in 2020 which will be four years since the last one that was held in 2016.
4. Ashes Series: The Ashes is a cricket tournament that’s been held between England and Australia since 1882, making it one of the longest-running sports competitions in the world. It’s played in the Test Cricket format which is the type of cricket with the longest game format.
Generally speaking, Australia has dominated the tournament with the most wins overall (33 compared with England’s 32) as well as the players with the most runs and the most wickets.
5. Champions League Twenty20: This is the Champions League of cricket, played in the Twenty20 format with the best domestic teams from all the major cricket nations. In other words, these games are not played by the national teams but the best club teams similar to the Uefa Champions League in Football.
The first edition was held in 2008, and Indian teams have dominated the tournament from the start. At the time of writing, the Chennai Super Kings and the Mumbai Indians have won two times each.
6. Indian Premier League: Few cricket tournaments are as exciting as the Indian Premier League (IPL). It’s played in the Twenty20 format every year with eight teams representing eight different cities in India.
The tournament is held between March or April and May and it attracts millions of viewers both at the locations of each game and on TV. Mumbai Indians are the current champions and the best team in history with a total of 4 wins.
7. NatWest series – This is another One Day International cricket event held in England once a year. It features England and two invited international teams. The series is sponsored by National Westminster Bank and England has won almost all of them.
8. Border-Gavaskar trophy – The Border-Gavaskar trophy is a favorite among Indian cricket fans since it’s a competition held between India and Australia every two years. The tournament was named after Australia’s Allan Border and India’s Sunil Gavaskar, who were the first two players to have scored over 10,000 Test runs in their careers.
India is the current trophy holder and has won the most trophies historically, with a total of 9 wins.
9. Asia Cup – This is the regional cricket tournament for Asian cricket teams. It’s either played as a One Day International or Twenty20 event and it was created in 1983 with the goal of creating better relationships between the partaking nations. Unfortunately, due to political tension in the region, there have mishaps in connecting with the Asia Cup and it’s not uncommon that certain events are moved from Indian or Pakistan to more neutral countries such as the United Arab Emirates.
Indian and Sri Lanka are the two most successful teams that have both won the most titles and partaken in the most tournaments.
10. Australian Tri-series: Last but not least we have the Australian Tri-series, which is a One Day International event held each year in Australia during December, January, and February. It’s a popular tournament where all the top international teams of the world meet to determine who is the best of the best that year.
It’s been played since 1979 and Australia is the most successful team with a total of 21 wins.
Lastly – It has been a pleasure to cover cricket betting in India, its legal status, the best sites, deposit methods and withdrawals, its many tournaments, and more. We are always keeping our resources well updated so bookmark this resource and revisit us in a month or two.