Teen PattiIn the following guide, we will teach you how to play Teen Patti, we’ll walk you through a round of the game, recommend the best Teen Patti casinos, and we’ll ensure that you’re ready to play this exciting card game.
Teen Patti OriginsTeen Patti is a card game that originated from Indian and, still to this day, it’s mainly played in South Asia. No one really knows when the game was first invented although, due to its similarities with 3-card-brag, it’s fair to assume that the game was created sometime during the British rule of India. With that said, there are people that play Teen Patti in both Europe and the United States as well, and thanks to the rise of online casinos, the games have become increasingly more available around the world which, in turn, has helped boost its popularity. As you already know, the name Teen Patti literally translates to “three cards” in English because that’s what you play it with.
Teen Patti RulesAs mentioned, Teen Patti is played with a regular 52-card deck and the cards are ranked as normal with 2 being the lowest and ace the highest. Generally speaking, the game is played at a regular poker table using standard poker chips and there can be between 2 and 10 players that play at the same time. In addition to the players, there also has to be a dealer that controls the game and deals the card. When playing at a casino, there will be a designated dealer but if you play it at home, the role of the dealer will alternate between the participating players. Moreover, Teen Patti shares other similarities with poker such as the use of ante and blinds, but more about that in a second.
The HandsTo get a better idea of the basics of the game, we have to look at the different hands that a player can have. The hands will determine who wins and how looses but compared with poker, there are fewer hands. Below is a list of the different hands ranked from lowest to highest.
- High card – If a player doesn’t get a complete hand, the highest card will determine whether he or she loses or not.
- Pair – Two cards of the same value is a pair and the highest pair consists of two aces.
- Flush – Three cards with the same suit is a flush and the higher the values of the cards are, the better the hand is. For example, the best flush is Q, K, A in the same suit.
- Straight – A straight is three cards in consecutive order such as 5, 6, 7 or J, Q, K.
- Straight flush – A straight flush is a combination of a flush and a straight. In other words, three cards in order and the same suit.
- Three of a kind – Three cards of the same value is the best possible hand in Teen Patti and three aces always win.
How To Play Teen PattiNow, let us take a look at how you play a round of Teen Patti. What you have to understand is that players can decide whether or not they want to see the cards they’ve been dealt and that will determine how much they have to bet. Generally speaking, a player that hasn’t seen his cards (blind play) has to bet half the amount of the players that have seen their cards. Although, he can also raise the bet amount. So the game starts by everyone placing the minimum bet needed to start the game. This amount varies depending on the table and how much the maximum limit is. Then the first player starts by placing a bet and every player after he has to match that to stay in the game. Every player also has the option of folding, thus forfeiting his possibility to win the pot. The betting continues until there are only two players left which force those to players to show their cards to determine who wins. The last round is called the showdown. There are three ways for the game to end and it all depends on how the games have been played out.
- All players except for one folds. That means the last player automatically wins the pot and doesn’t have to show his cards to the rest of the players.
- When every player besides two has folded, one of the players can force the other player to show his cards to determine who has the best hand.
- Every Teen Patti table has a maximum pot level and when that is reached, the remaining players have to show their cards to determine the winner.
Different Variations of Teen Patti
- Best of Four – Every player is dealt four cards and has to create the best 3-card-hand with those four cards.
- Lowball – Similar to lowball poker, in lowball Teen Patti the cards and the hands have reversed value meaning the lowest hand and card becomes the highest valued hand and card.
- Wild Card – In wild card Teen Patti, the dealer draws a random card after every player has been dealt their three cards. The random card turns all other cards of the same value to a wild card.
- Stud – Stud Teen Patti is similar to stud poker where all the players are dealt a combination of face down (hole cards) and face-up cards (street cards).
Play Teen Patti OnlineTeen Patti is an incredibly popular card game to play online in India. In fact, most of the top Indian online casinos offer several version of Teen Patti that you can choose from. Similar to other card and casino games, Teen Patti can be played in two different versions. You either play it as an automatic game sort of like a slot machine where you play against the computer. Or you play Teen Patti at a live casino which is the most authentic way to play Teen Patti online.
Best Teen Patti Online CasinosThe goal of this site is to educate Indian casino players and to recommend them the best sites to play at. Naturally, that means that we have listed and recommended all the best Teen Patti online casinos in India for your convenience. In case you want to learn more about a certain casino, you can read our detailed casino reviews.
|1||Betway Review||₹2500 Bonus||0-20 Freespins||Visit|
|2||LeoVegas Review||₹80,000 Bonus||100 Freespins||Visit|
|3||ComeOn! Review||₹10,000 Bonus||0 Freespins||Visit|
|4||Royal Panda Review||₹10,000 Bonus||0-120 Freespins||Visit|
|5||Bet365 Review||100% Bonus||0 Freespins||Visit|
|6||Dafabet||100% Bonus||0 Freespins||Visit|
|7||10Cric Review||₹10,000 Bonus||20 Freespins||Visit|
18+ | T&C's Apply | Responsible Gambling is advised. Casino, Betting and all forms of gambling is an entertainment form that comes with a considerable risk of losing your money. Never play with more than you can afford to lose.
Responsible GamingGambling for money regardless of whether it’s betting or casino games, is associated with certain risks. The main risk is that you can lose the money you play for so never bet money you can’t afford to lose and don’t play unless you’re in a financial situation that allows it. There is also the risk of becoming addicted to gambling and that can happen to anyone. Therefore, you need to pay close attention to your own gambling routines and immediately stop playing when you start to lose control. If you’ve already become a gambling addict, there are several ways to get professional help. We’ve listed all these options as well as more detailed information about the risks of gambling in our Responsible Gambling guide.